2007年6月24日日曜日

Legend of Togesu-bridge


I went to Arashiyama in Kyoto after a long separation. I wanted to visit Tenryu-temple which is one of cultural assets.But when I arrived at there, I found that people can go in there only from 9:00-17:00 and it was 18:00 then. I could not go in there though I went to there by my bicycle for 40 minutes….I crossed Togetsu-bridge on the way to my home. Then, I came up with a idea that I took pictures and upped them on the blog. I look back on the bridge to take pictures. Then, I remembered what my ground mother had said,“If you looked back on Togetsu-bridge, you would become stupid!” But I could not remember the reason clearly. I went home and made sure…


-----------------------------------------------------
There is Hohrin-temple near the Togetsu-bridge. When you go to Hohrin-temple for “Ju-san-Maili”, you have to cross Togetsu-bridge.“Ju-san-maili” is one of traditional function that boys and girls who are 12 year-old and their parents visit Hohrin-temple to receive wisdom and happiness from gods. There is a legend that if you looked back on your way to your home from the temple on the bridge, you would lost the wisdom and happiness. Someone think that the legend is kind of discipline because the boys and girls can learn to keep promise from that.

-----------------------------------------------------


I remembered that. So, it was important for me when I was 12 year-old!! But now, I am 22 year-old. I can look back on the bridge.I remembered that I was 12 year-old, and I feel sentimental. Maro

☆ 渡月橋☆

Near Arashiyama station (嵐山駅) of Keifuku line (京福電車) or Hankyu line (阪急電鉄).


☆ 天龍寺 Tenryu-temple☆

open:9:00~17:00
address:京都市右京区嵯峨天龍寺 Tenryu-temple saga Ukyo-ku Kyouto-shi Kyoto.
Tel: 075-881-1235
Near Arashiyama station(嵐山駅) of Keifuku line(京福電車) or the buss stop that is “In front of keifuku-Arasiyama station”.

0 件のコメント: